Itinerary – Half Day, Big Rocks Camp (ages 7 – 11 & 12 - 16)
Please arrive by 8:50AM each day.
- All campers/parents are asked to sign-in inside the pro shop before going on the court.
- Loaner racquets are available and located at the courts.
- We provide fresh fruit before camp and during break each day. Water coolers are located on each court.
- Parents - Encourage hydration each day even if they are NOT thirsty!
- Parents are always welcomed to observe and provide encouragement to all campers.
Items to Bring/Tennis Attire:
- Water bottle/backpack with all personal items identified
- No more than $5 per child/day (Pro-Shop concessions)
- Sunscreen with minimum SPF 30 (apply before camp & during break)
- Cap/visor and towel
- Light colored clothing, t-shirt/gym shorts, soft sole non marking tennis shoes.
- Big Smiles! Lots of photos!
9:00am, All Campers on-court
9:00am - 9:05, Introduction/Rules/Safety
9:05am - 9:15, Dynamic Stretching/Warm-up
9:16am, Break into groups based on age and playing levels
Each day we teach/practice/review the proper technique for tennis strokes (Forehand, backhand, volleys, & serves)
Mental/Strategic education/knowledge of individual/team sportsmanship, scoring, court positioning & shot selection.
10:45am - 11:00, Break - discussion/review
11:01am – 11:25, Other activities/games include soccer, frisbee, fitness trails.
11:26am - 11:50, Individual & Group Competition
12noon - Campers dismissed
Thursdays - Favorite sports team attire (school, college, pro teams)
Friday - 11:30AM - 12 Noon, Lunch, Presentation of Certificates, Photos
Thank you for spending the week with us!